Course: International Politics I.

« Back
Course title International Politics I.
Course code KHI/XMPI
Organizational form of instruction Lecture + Seminary
Level of course Master
Year of study not specified
Semester Winter and summer
Number of ECTS credits 5
Language of instruction Slovak
Status of course Compulsory-optional
Form of instruction Face-to-face
Work placements This is not an internship
Recommended optional programme components None
Lecturer(s)
  • Miller Jaroslav, prof. Mgr. M.A., Ph.D.
  • Tomeček Miroslav, Mgr.
Course content
Theory of international politics: idealistic and realistic tradition; geopolitics - the most important assumptions and theoretical schools; The idealistic theory of international politics; Idealistic directions in the theory of international politics after year 1945

Learning activities and teaching methods
Monologic Lecture(Interpretation, Training)
  • Homework for Teaching - 50 hours per semester
  • Semestral Work - 50 hours per semester
  • Attendace - 18 hours per semester
  • Preparation for the Exam - 7 hours per semester
Learning outcomes
Introducing students to the most important theories that determine development of the science of international politics.
Detailed knowledge of the issues studied.
Prerequisites
Method of evaluation and completion of study: Ongoing evaluation: In the case of more than two absences from the seminars, the student, as a condition for admission to the exam, must write a seminar paper the topic and scope of which will be determined after consultation with the teacher. The seminar requires active participation of students. During the semester, at some seminars students will be asked to write unannounced essays the results of which will be included in the total evaluation. The final exam will be written.

Assessment methods and criteria
Written exam

Evaluation: Active participation in seminars: 5% of the total evaluation; essays: 15% of the total evaluation; small exams (5 minutes): 20% of the total evaluation; final exam: 60% of the total evaluation
Recommended literature
  • DRULÁK, P. (2003). Teorie mezinárodních vztahů.
  • IŠTOK, R.; KOZIAK, T. (ET AL.). (2010). Geopolitika, globalistika, medzinárodná politika. Komentovaný výber textov.
  • KNUTSEN, T. L. (2005). Dějiny teorie mezinárodních vztahů.
  • KREJČÍ, O. (2007). Mezinárodní politika.
  • PLECHANOVOVÁ, B. (2003). Úvod do teorie mezinárodních vzahů..
  • WAISOVÁ, Š. (2002). Úvod do studia mezinárodních vztahů.


Study plans that include the course
Faculty Study plan (Version) Branch of study Category Recommended year of study Recommended semester
Faculty of Arts History (2012) History courses - -
Faculty of Arts History (2012) History courses - -